Dear Martin,

I.m.h.o. it is important to avoid the terms "install" and
"installation" because that's not what it is, and to some it may sound
scary.
The text in Hello There:
"Getting started, though, is simple. You can download it for free and
install it on your computer, even when offline."
could therefore better be reworded to something like e.g.:
"Getting started, though, is simple. You can download it for free, put
the file wherever on your computer, open it with your browser and
start writing. It will work with almost every computer with a modern
browser. Since your own TiddlyWiki is stored on your computer you can
even work on it when offline."

The next statement too, suggests more complexity then needed. It does
not demonstrate how easy it is to publish with TW, on the contrary.
"If you're looking for group collaboration features, or want your
TiddlyWiki to be available on any computer, there are several
HostedOptions for you to chose from."

I would rather think of a text like e.g.:
"If you want to share your content with others you only have to upload
your single TiddlyWiki-file to some web-location, e.g. the homepage-
space provided by your ISP, and let your audience know the address.
There are also several HostedOptions, e.g. if you don't have webspace
or when you even would like to allow others to work collaboratively on
your TiddlyWiki.”

These examples are just to illustrate what I meant when I started this
discussion.
Of course other texts, like in Getting Started, Installation,
HostedOptions, TiddlyWiki and ServerSide would need rephrasing
accordingly.

It’s all about making TW more attractive to potential new users.

Beste regards,
Ton van Rooijen.