On Thursday, 27 December 2018 09:39:16 UTC+1, Riz wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> I see you are enjoying your TW5 quite well. Here is a thought for your
> consideration. The basic TW5 you download from GitHub or tiddlywiki.com
> is a good fit for several things. Unfortunately the idea of using
> Tiddlywiki itself as a blog has a major downside. The unique structure and
> data storage of TW5 doesn't fly well with the search engine optimisation
> guidelines of most search engines. Here's an experiment. The most popular
> website using Tiddlywiki is obviously tiddlywiki.com itself. Now search
> Google for "Tiddlywiki HelloThere". You will see that large part of links
> point to tiddlywiki.com/static/, which are not Tiddlywiki files, but
> static HTML generated by Tiddlywiki.
>

> Ergo, if you are serious about using TW5 for blogging, use it not as blog
> itself, but as a static site generator, a role for which Tiddlywiki is one
> of the best fits.

The problem with that is that the static site cannot, I suspect, interact
with the user - I want to change
the perception of a blog from "something you read" to "something you
interact with" and I don't think
this is possible with a static site.

The solution seems to me to change the output format of the TW to a form
that search engines can

Actually, search engines can index PDF etc. so *if* the TW became very
popular then search engine
providers would write code to index TW's - we shall have to hope this
happens :-)

/Joe

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/4920668e-6aef-47c7-968d-cd5cebb174cd%40googlegroups.com.