Jeremy,

Thanks for responding. I mean something quite different here;

> *> I am possibly taking this too far, but what if these "seperate" pages
> are actualy served from tiddly server, tiddlers from the outer wiki, like
> the single tiddlers view can be served? Like innerwikis, these would be
> "inner pages". This would help us "script kiddies" and provide rapid
> intergrations perhaps even openid auth. You’re asking if the wiki in the
> iframe could be served from somewhere else, but still have tiddlers
> injected into it: that could be done via the window.postMessage() I
> mentioned on another thread. *

I am suggesting what If I have a plain text tiddler, that contains a HTML
page including head and body, javascript, including libraries etc... The
kind of thing I may find available in a javascript library for special
features or a nice landing page layout (It is not used for anything in the
parent). It is merely stored in the parent wiki. Lets us call it the
HTML-Tool ,Then we could do one of two things;

   1. Present the HTML-Tool at an address such as
   https:/hostname.com/tiddlername similar to the single Tiddler view, but
   simply deliver it, as it is, to the browser, as if it were a standalone
   html+ file.
   2. Generate an Inner (perhaps not innerwiki but innerhtml or innerpage)
   that is an iframe to the aforementioned HTML-Tool without any Tiddlywiki
   just rendered as in the first case.

In both circumstances it would be nice if some rudimentary string could be
passed to and from such HTML-Tool, perhaps that looks like a json tiddler
in the parent wiki, and json file in the HTML-Tool?

It is in someways taking the single file concept further allowing
tiddlywiki to host other content in its server, a bit like the 5.1.18
feature Adds support for serving static file attachments over HTTP)

I could see myself hosting in my TiddlyWiki a html page that lets people
register as a member in my wordpress member site. No need to manage a
separate file, it lives in my wiki, but is served by the tiddlywiki server.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/723001cf-e95e-4ecb-a853-04fa3f96db45%40googlegroups.com.