Hi SS

To answer your original question, there is a big difference between the
view widget and the transclude widget.

The view widget computes and renders a single string. The transclude widget
recursively renders the target tiddler.

That means that the view widget is a single item as far as the refresh
mechanism is concerned. The results of the transclude widget, though, is a
complete render tree, which can be selectively refreshed.

We do have three formats for the view widget that wikify the string:
htmlwikified, plainwikified, and htmlencodedplainwikified. These are all
used deep in the saving process where refreshing isn't a concern.

Best wishes

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/6156524f-7237-491a-a460-20a1430b1e01%40googlegroups.com.