Hello Jeremy

On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 10:48:44 PM UTC+7, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> OK, just to be clear, the format “htmlwikified” will give you the HTML
> resulting from wikifying the target text. You get back the entire HTML
> string including tags.
>
> What do you mean by the HTML not being removed? Can you show a snippet of
> wikitext with the output you’re looking for?

I do not have a particular snippet of wikitext - I am trying to ensure a
general solution. Right now I am using this as a test in the caption field:

R^^2^^D^^2^^ //isn't// Real - {{NewTid}}

By "the html not to be removed" I believe I meant "rendered" so that it
would display exactly as would:

{{!!caption}}

> I believe I am trying to see if the *$view* widget could have a *format*
> attribute
> (say called): *wikified*
>
> The description of what it does would perhaps be: *The field is wikified
> according to the mode attribute and the resulting HTML returned (ie HTML
> elements will NOT be removed)*
>

> It sounds like a description of the transclude widget….

And yes, you are right! It sounds like the transclude widget - *parses and
renders a string of text*

I am trying to take advantage of this behaviour of the $view widget: *The
content of the <$view> widget is displayed if the field or property is
missing or empty.*

I need an efficient fast way to do the below as it may need to be done many
(hundreds) of times on a refresh.

   - To view a field (parsed and rendered), but if it's empty, to view
   another field (format=text).

I think a *wikified* format for the *view* widget may be an acceptable
solution.

Thanks for following this.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/e15b0af8-0c80-464f-a044-92bbed0d0ee1%40googlegroups.com.