On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 20:58, DRC <dcomman...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> It's an applet, not an app.  It's designed to be served up by the
> embedded web server in Xvnc.  Try editing the "vncserver" script and
> point $vncClasses to the directory in which you built the Java viewer.
> Then launch vncserver and point your web browser to:
>
> http://{vnc server machine}:{5800+n}
>
> where n is the display number of the VNC server, e.g.
>
> http://myvncserver:5801

There are two usecases described in the README under installation
The first is running it embedded in Xvnc, which still works according
to you, since it directly uses the classes, not the jar.

The second one is running it in a standalone webserver, which I'm interested in.
I copy the jar to my webserver, and get the same ClassNotFound
exception as mentioned before.

I'm not arguing that the code is broken, only the packaging of the jar file.