On 2/11/11 1:05 PM, Martin Koegler wrote:
> For the VeNCrypt project, I have been building GNU TLS with MS VC 6.0
> (as part of the project like zlib).
> I thought, that the project would prefer out of tree GNU TLS, but:
>
> If somebody with commit access, would commit (a not too broken)
> solution for adding GNU TLS to the TigerVNC sources, I'll start
> working on this.

I've been down that road before as well.  The problem with an in-tree
version of GnuTLS is that we have to be sure we keep it updated.
Security packages require more diligence in that regard than, for
instance, our in-tree version of zlib or libjpeg-turbo.  GnuTLS is also
a lot more complicated than the latter.

It really needs to fall to the GnuTLS project to provide a sane way of
building under Visual C++.  I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon.