Never mind.  I figured out the procedure for generating .lib files.
I've tested the patch, and it works great, so I checked it into 1.1 and
documented the procedure necessary to build with Visual C++.

Windows is still suffering from the TLS refresh issue described earlier.
 It affects VirtualGL as well (you have to move the mouse to see the 3D
application change frames.)  I don't have the time to look into this at
the moment, but IMHO, it should be fixed before we release 1.1 beta.

I am looking at the vncserver script modifications submitted by
Sebastiaan.  Once that and the refresh issue are addressed, I will spin
a new build.