Hi,

Can anyone confirm whether or not the "legacy" build is working from the
current svn trunk on RHEL4?  I was able to build and use r4237 successfully,
but while I can build r4324, the resulting binary bails out on assertions or
segfaults (depending on the arguments to Xvnc) without leaving too many
clues as to what's causing it.  I've tried using strace, ltrace, and gdb to
generate some debug info but so far the only helpful info that I have is
that the last message displayed by Xvnc is the "client pixel format ..."
message generated by VNCSConnST:

Xvnc :2 -query localhost -once -SecurityTypes None -NeverShared -rfbport
5902 -geometry 1280x800 -depth 24 -pixdepths 8 24
  VNCSConnST: Client pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian rgb888
Segmentation fault

Xvnc :2 -query localhost -once -SecurityTypes None -NeverShared -rfbport
5902 -geometry 1280x800 -depth 8
  VNCSConnST: Client pixel format depth 8 (8bpp) color-map
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal):
0x0000000000ac0f80 ***
Abort

It's possible that this is due to system changes on the build host, but the
binary from r4237 still works fine (unfortunately I blew away the build
environment...).  If anyone has done a legacy build on RHEL4u8 and can
confirm that it works, I'd appreciate it.  FWIW, my build args are:

setenv CC /usr/bin/gcc4
setenv CXX /usr/bin/g++4 (actually tried it with gcc3 and gcc4, but gcc4
most recently)
autoreconf -fiv
./configure --enable-pam --enable-gnutls--with-included-zlib
--with-libtool=/usr/bin/libtool
sh unix/build-xorg init -version 7.4 -static
sh unix/build-xorg build -version 7.4 -static --enable-pam --enable-gnutls
--with-included-zlib --with-libtool=/usr/bin/libtool

Thanks,
-brian