On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 07:33:58 -0600
DRC <dcomman...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Strongly object. The performance hit by turning it on is severe and not
> something that can just be optimized away. My testing shows that the CUT is
> almost never used.

Firefox is hardly something that is almost never used. Compositing is
also something that is very popular in modern desktop systems. I'd like
to see how much it can improve things with Unity 2D for example.

I'd say that the majority of users will benefit from this feature being
turned on. It should therefore be turned on by default, and the people
who don't need it can turn it off.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman            OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
System Developer         Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00