Bug Tracker item #3468654, was opened at 2012-01-02 16:45
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dcommander
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126848&aid=3468654&group_id=254363

not just the latest update.
Category: FLTK viewer
Group: 1.1.X

Initial Comment:
I don't know if this is really a bug.  Maybe it's a feature that was dropped.
But anyway the "UseLocalCursor" option is gone, and only the standard "arrow"
pointer ever shows.  There is no "hand" cursor, or throb (hourglass) cursor, or
text cursor etc.  I can live with it but it would be nice to have this feature,
maybe it's planned in a future release?

This is a problem in the latest 1.1.9 releases.

Date: 2012-01-11 13:41

Message:
(I'm happy to make what I think are the appropriate changes if there are no
objections.)

Comment By: D. R. Commander (dcommander)
Date: 2012-01-11 12:56

Message:
No, the build machine has the necessary libs.  The problem seems to be that
CMake never defines HAVE_XCURSOR or HAVE_XFIXES.  Since I based
common/fltk/CMakeLists.txt on CMakeLists.txt in the upstream FLTK, this may
be due to an upstream issue that we need to correct in our in-tree build.

Also, in general, our build system is not robust enough about handling the
absence of Xcursor, Xfixes, etc.  If those libraries are required for
proper functionality, then CMake should abort with an error if it can't
find them.

Comment By: Pierre Ossman (ossman_)
Date: 2012-01-11 08:18

Message:
Ah, found it. Even though TigerVNC was built correctly, the built-in FLTK
wasn't. It seems like it couldn't find libXcursor, so the code to change
cursors on X11 were #ifdef:ed out.

DRC, could you check that you have the libXcursor devel stuff installed on
your build machine?

Comment By: Pierre Ossman (ossman_)
Date: 2012-01-11 08:11

Message:
I've tested the builds and I can confirm this. Not sure what's broken
though as I can see that the binaries include all the cursor stuff in them.

Comment By: dynamodan ()
Date: 2012-01-09 10:56

Message:
Yet another update: When I connect simultaneously with -Shared from two
clients, one Linux and one windows, the remote cursor shows and moves on
both the linux client and the windows client, but when I move the mouse on
the linux client, it disappears (and becomes the client default arrow, this
bug) on the linux client, but still moves on the windows client.

Comment By: dynamodan ()