On 3/13/12 5:45 AM, Adam Tkac wrote:
> May I ask you if you have any scripts which you used for building
> release/pre-release versions of TigerVNC? I would be glad if you share them.

I cleaned them up and checked them into

https://tigervnc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tigervnc/buildscripts/xc

(NOTE: the buildscripts/ directory, in general, would be a good place to
submit build scripts for other platforms as well, such as RHEL 6 or
Ubuntu or other distros that require a specific build procedure to
generate Xvnc against their built-in X server source.)

It should be possible to exactly reproduce my builds using those
scripts, provided you are building on the same build environment (see
README.txt.)  You can also use the included "uploadtiger" script to
upload these to TigerVNC's SourceForge project web space, so you can
provide a link to the pre-release builds
(http://tigervnc.sourceforge.net/tiger.nightly) on the TigerVNC web
page.  And of course you know how to use the SourceForge FRS to do an
official release, since you were doing that before I took over.

Let me know if you encounter any issues with these, or have suggestions
for their improvement.  I use similar scripts to build TurboVNC and
VirtualGL and libjpeg-turbo, so I want them to be as robust as possible.