On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 6:11 AM, D.L.C. Burggraaff <burd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tested the 1.3.0 experimental packages for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on my
> Xubuntu 12.04.2 installation:
> -- The Java package installs and runs OK. It is still not
> alternatives-versioned and may therefore collide with other VNC
> alternatives.
> -- The viewer package installs and runs OK. The font for the Connection
> Details and Authentication popups is ugly (thin/small/nonAA).
> -- The server package does not install because of a "Dependency is not
> satisfiable: lib*X*font1" error. This is caused by a typo in the control
> file: the pertinent definition should read lib*x*font1. Installing the
> corrected server deb then failed because of a conflict with /usr/share/vnc.
> The server package should not contain the Java viewer - after all it does
> not contain the FLTK viewer too. To continue testing I uninstalled the Java
> package. The server package now installed and ran OK.
> Kind regards, Dick

Thanks for the feedback DIck.  I've updated the debs with new versions that
should correct all of these issues except the first one.  I'd like to look
into the debian/ubuntu standards compliance for how jar files should be
packaged before deciding what to do about it.  I've also gone through and
added all explicit dependencies for the binaries.

Thanks,
-brian