On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Brian Hinz <bph...@users.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Robert Goley <rago...@rdasys.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the willingness to incorporate it.  Once we have the basics in
>> place, I don't think there will be much work to keep it working.  You will
>> probably want to redo the script to pull the files directly from your build
>> system instead of post processing the tarball  like my script is doing
>> though.
>>

> I've put some experimental .deb packages for Ubuntu 12.04LTS on the
> nightly builds page.  These are intended to be "legitimate" debian
> packages, built from source on 12.04LTS rather than repackaging the
> cross-compatible tarballs.  I'll post the source package as well soon.
>
> Please test them out if you have the chance.  Once there is some degree of
> confidence in these packages, it should be fairly straight forward for
> people to adapt them to other debian-based distros.

The .deb packages on the nightly downloads page have been updated.  With
the first set, I was unsure how to get the same xorg sources that
debian/ubuntu uses to build their xorg server so I used the sources from
EL6 (including all RedHat patches & config options).  The updated packages
are now built against the native ubuntu xorg-server sources, and use nearly
the same configure switches.  In addition, the local fltk build is also
done using the ubuntu patched source rather than the vanilla Fltk source.

Now that the source tarball can be created in a manner that's consistent
with the distribution (see debian/get-orig-source.sh), I've also put the
source package that I used to build the binary debs on the nightlies page.

Again, if you have time to test these packages please do so and feel free
to provide feedback.  I'm a noob at debian packaging so comments &
suggestions are welcome.

-brian