On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:29 AM, Adam Tkac <at...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 06/07/2011 02:02 PM, Brian Hinz wrote:
>
>> Has anyone dealt with IANA yet?  Are they not responsive?  I would have
>> thought that having the specification controlled by someone that doesn't
>> necessarily have a vested interest in the protocol would be a good thing.
>>  Assuming that IANA RFC's have some kind of steering committee, I wonder
>> what's involved with getting onto it.  That would at least give TigerVNC a
>> voice...
>>
>> The auto-response that I received in regards to the request for a new
>> pseudo
>> encoding said that the turn around time is typically 1 week.  I can post a
>> summary back to the list once I've been through the process.
>>
> Hello,
>
> I tried to contact person from IANA who is responsible for RFB
> specification but he didn't respond. Please let us know if you have better
> luck.
>
> Regards, Adam

Hi Adam,

Will do.  I'm not sure who you tried to contact, but
http://www.iana.org/protocols/ has a note under the RFB section that
says "Expert
Review (Expert: Tristan Richardson)".  I initially requested the new pseudo
encoding via the RealVNC mailing list and it was Tristan that responded and
directed me to the IANA site.  It was about a week between my post and his
response.

-brian