Hi Dave,

No worries at all! I appreciate you volunteering. I'm happy with you leading
the process, but I want to point out the release wasn't really stalled. I
just never got any direction as to when to move forward on pushing it out. I
think it's a community decision to push a release out, and with the in-flux
activities in moving Tika to its new graduation location, I wondered if it
would be better to call for a release after we move the infrastructure over
to Lucene. I actually still lean towards this decision, but if there is
community desire to have one last incubating Tika 0.2 release before Lucene,
then that's fine with me. I think we should probably take a vote though,
don't you think?

So, how about this as a vote. Should we release Tika 0.2 incubating as-is,
or should we defer release until we move the infrastructure over to Apache
Lucene, and then release 0.2 in the Lucene area?

[] Release Tika 0.2 within the Apache Incubator
[] Release Tika 0.2 within the Apache Lucene area

Let's leave the vote open for 72 hrs. We'll count the results and if there
is consensus to release Tika 0.2 within the Incubator, let's move forward
then. Otherwise, let's wait until the transition to Lucene is complete. Fair
enough?

Either way, I'm fine with you leading the release process. I can help though
still. Just let me know what parts you don't have time for when the time to
release comes and I will pick those up for you.

Cheers,
Chris

On 11/17/08 2:35 PM, "Dave Meikle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> 2008/11/17 Mattmann, Chris A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>> Sorry I've been out of the loop on this, but I had volunteered to be the
>> release manager for Tika 0.2? I appreciate Dave's zeal to get this going
>> but
>> I still would kind of like to (at the very least) help?
>>

> Apologies for stepping on your toes with regards to this release. I was just
> looking to pick this up as the release seemed to have stalled, so if you
> would like to perform the release process I am happy to stand down. On the
> other hand if you are happy for me to proceed I am happy with that too.
>
> Let me know what you would like to do.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
Cognizant Development Engineer | Architecture/Implementation Lead
EDRN Informatics Center        | Virtual Oceanographic Data Center
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory       Pasadena, CA, USA
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246