Hi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Mattmann, Chris A
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just never got any direction as to when to move forward on pushing it out.
> I think it's a community decision to push a release out, [...]

Yeah, but things won't happen unless someone is actively pushing for
them. Typically that someone is the release manager.

I hope I don't sound too negative, but it's been five months since you
volunteered as the 0.2 release manager and there's been no action from
you since then. In September I explicitly cleared the issue tracker of
any pending 0.2 issues and people agreed to my "current trunk is good
enough to be released". What more community input were you expecting?

It's perfectly fine to be otherwise occupied, and in a good open
source fashion other people will then take up your tasks. Last week
Dave proposed to take up the task of managing the 0.2 release and
nobody objected.

> I think we should probably take a vote though, don't you think?

We already left the Incubator when the graduation votes passed. We
still have some infrastructure migration to complete, but
administrationally we're already a part of Lucene. So the option of
doing an Incubator release is no longer valid.

Our code is ready for 0.2 and I don't think we need to wait for the
infra bits to do the release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting