Hubert v. Bonhorst wrote:

If you disregard this excursion, what happened after the change. Did
frequency change as expected? Would there have been continuity of data?
Which TIC do you use? Which GPS receiver do you use? How many satellites did
you track? What is the minimum elevation for satellites used?
I know a lot of stupid questions, but ....
Hubert
DB7ME

Hi Hubert --

Yes, after this "blip" that lasted several hours the phase abruptly returned to just where it was. After things returned to normal, the frequency offset appears to have changed as expected (though I still need to gather data for another couple of days to precisely determine the offset). The TIC/GPS setup has been running continuously for a couple of weeks (and I've been doing similar measurements with basically this same set-up, though sometimes using a different TIC, for a couple of years). I've never seen a shift of this magnitude before.

It might have been a GPS anomaly, but the coincidence of the event happening just as the C field was changed is hard to ignore. Following Tom's suggestion, the next step is to (very) carefully see if Jody might have done something else while making the change.

John