Tom Van Baak wrote:

You know, if the stackable TAPR module
project catches on another PCB on the list
could be a mains frequency monitor.

It would robustly filter and divide the 50/60 Hz
mains frequency to 1 PPS and then onboard
compare that 1 PPS against the local (OCXO,
atomic, or GPS) 1 PPS to a modest precision
(say, 1 or 10 us).

This would be a cheap board and then many
of us could monitor mains phase and log it in
a standard format. With the right software you
could get plots like this in real-time:

I'm all for it -- maybe not as a formal TAPR project (because I suspect the volume would be fairly low) but certainly we could share a design, and I strongly suspect (but can't promise) that TAPR could at least make the boards available, if not a full kit.

Someone want to take on the design challenge? If so, contact me off-list and I can provide the mechanical and electrical details for the stacked board design -- basically, it's just a standard board size with standardized locations for up to 6 output BNCs, one input BNC, and headers so the raw DC in and reference in can be routed to boards above and below.

John