b...@lysator.liu.se skrev:
Brooke Clarke skrev:
Hi Magnus:

The improvement is probably due to a noise figure reduction from use of
the LNA if it's near the antenna rather than at the receiver end of the
cable run.

So I am pretty sure that the improved S/N is mainly from gain and
secondary from improved noise figure. I don't know the noise figure of
the Z-12 antenna input.

I agree. You are most probably bitten by the finite range of the AGC on
the recevier antenna port.

Probably. I should investigate just how the actual gain structure looks both externally and in the various receivers.

Adding another LNA improved the state further. I think severe close-in multipath is my main problem right now, not the gain.

On the roof subject... Have taken the week off from work to do some roof
maintainance. Must get the time to make some extra cable holes in the
roof. ;-) And make some improvements on the GPS antenna mountings.

Hmm... maybe I should just hire you... I'll think I can offer beer, food, bed and interesting conversations over various gear as part of the compensation package. :)