A8? Reference buffer?  Gee, I thought was the electrostatic dust magnet ;-)
That puppy can grow more fuzz than a sheepdog.   In all the machines I have
worked on,  it was utterly disgusting.

BTW,  the best way to locate where to drill the access hole for the oscillator
tuning pot is to look on the underside of the top cover.  The oscillator
compartment will be outlined in dust.  Measure the tuning screw location from
the sides of the oscillator compartment with calipers and transfer the
measurements to the dust outline...  it's more accurate than measuring from the
edges of the box.