In a message dated 23/07/2009 16:40:44 GMT Daylight Time, jmi...@pop.net
writes:

Now  that's interesting.  Maybe that's why these units are so much  cleaner
than the old one I had.  Has anyone else removed the OCXO from  a
TAPR-purchased unit and noticed one of those  labels?

--------------
Didn't that older unit use a different oscillator anyway?

I seem to remember from your web page notes that it used a Piezo oscillator
 but any I've seen since, whether firmware version 2.2 or 3.0 and
including TAPR units and units from two Chinese sources a couple of years
apart,
have used the Trimble 37265 oscillator.

Perhaps the Trimble oscillator is generally cleaner than the  Piezo one by
default?

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR