Hi:

There are some patents by National for frequency standards:

2883540 Microwave Signal Generating System
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=5lhwAAAAEBAJ&dq=2883540

2972115 Molecular Beam Apparatus ***
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=eUhKAAAAEBAJ&dq=2972115

2960663 Frequency Control Apparatus
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=xvVTAAAAEBAJ&dq=2960663

2991389 Cesium Ovens
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=8OVZAAAAEBAJ&dq=2991389

2994836 Molecular Beam Apparatus ***
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=jQJlAAAAEBAJ&dq=2994836

3060385 Carbon Monoxide Frequency Standard
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=jQJlAAAAEBAJ&dq=3060385

3058023 Molecular Beam Source
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=jQJlAAAAEBAJ&dq=3058023

3060384 Molecular Beam Frequency Standard Incorporating Control of Static Field
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=jQJlAAAAEBAJ&dq=3060384

3088078 Frequency Control Apparatus for an Atomic Beam Tube
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=jQJlAAAAEBAJ&dq=3088078

3076942 Molecular Beam Frequency Standard
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=jQJlAAAAEBAJ&dq=3076942

3305290 Molecular Beam Cesium Getter
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=jQJlAAAAEBAJ&dq=3305290

3328633 Molecular Beam Tube
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=jQJlAAAAEBAJ&dq=3328633

3258713 Cesium Beam Tube Detector with Niobium Ionizer
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=jQJlAAAAEBAJ&dq=3258713

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com

Philip Pemberton wrote:
Spotted this on another mailing list -- thought someone might be interested in the Atomichron...

Replies to the OP, please -- his name is Dave McGuire, email mcguire AT neurotica DOT com.

---- begin snip

Subject: rare stuff available
That's "really rare", not "eBay rare". My employer was supposed to get its funding last week and give me a huge cash bonus for putting up with month-to-month "survival wages" for the past year, but instead, they've hit a legal snag and now they can't make payroll. I've gone from merrily making up shopping lists to abject financial terror over the course of a day. With my emergency cash buffer long since gone (see "survival wages" above), I am in serious short-term trouble.

So it is with a heavy heart that I must consider parting with a few things that are dear and precious to me. Two things in particular are items that might bring in enough money to help my immediate situation.

First, I have a set of original DEC OS/8 TU56 distribution tapes. I emphasize, these are *original*, nearly pristine, DEC-labeled distribution tapes. I've had these for nearly thirty years. 'Nuff said.

Second, I have an Atomichron. Yes, a real one, a National Company model NC-1001. One of the very few left in existence. If you don't know what this is, you probably won't be interested, but in a nutshell it's the first commercially-produced atomic resonance frequency standard ("atomic clock"), built in 1956. As far as I've found in my research there are three of these left of the approximately fifty that were built between 1956 and 1960. I've written a short research paper describing this instrument and its history, including photos; I can provide copies of it upon request.

I'm open to negotiation on pricing, but neither will go cheaply. If there's someone here who is interested in either of these fairly rare items, please contact me ASAP. I'm planning to put one or both of them on eBay within the next day or so.

             -Dave
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL

---- end snip