Jim Palfreyman wrote:
Anyone here have any experience with these masers?

In particular the VCH-1005A?

I have been tasked to look after a number of these units and am currently
going through the manuals (which are in English but written by a Russian, so
they can be challenging :-)

Any thoughts, hints or tips would be good, but it would also be handy to
have contacts for down the track. These are newly installed.

I don't have first hand experience, but I wish you good luck.

The Vremya-ch masers is being relabeled and sold by several other maser vendors. It's good stuff as far as I can tell from the users I have heard.

If you go for that class of toys, be sure to stabilize the humidity alongside the temperature. It has been demonstrated to be a factor which differs among various masers.