It is a pulse transmitter.  It makes short bursts of 10 or 12 pulses,
and then waits one GRI, and then does it again.  I would think the
actual continuous power draw is around 10Kw.

The floor is open to anyone that wants to make the calculation.

-Chuck Harris

shali...@gmail.com wrote:
"There's the minor issue of getting the power company to put in a cable to the
house for your 1 Mw (capital M not
lower case M) transmitter."

I can't resist citing a personal anecdote regarding power distribution. A few
years back, I was working on a proposal
for a high power (1MW) power supply system. Our building currently has about
750kW service, so I asked the facility
engineer to call the power company to find out how much it would cost and how
long it would take to get another MW in
our building. He called me back quickly. He was told that because he called
after 2PM, they could not do it that day
and the soonest we could have it would be the next day. He was laughing so
much, he never got to ask how much it
would cost...

Didier