Has anyone run into a situation where two GPS Navigation type Antenna/Receivers interfere with each other? Recently I've had need to operate with two GPS navigation systems in the same car at the same time and I've had to shield the antennas from each other, or at lease get them as far apart as practical on a car otherwise they both seem to interfere with each other and I can lose GPS lock. The two systems are:

1. A Delorme Earthmate LT-40 running with Topo 7 USA.

2. A Garmin GPS-128 with a (eBay special) hockey puck antenna.

I don't know what is inside these receivers. Maybe the I.F.'s are talking betwixt one another? Any thoughts, any experience with this?

At home I have two DATUM 9130 systems running on separate antennas that are about 12 inches apart and do not seem to bother each other.

Burt, K6OQK

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services
Glendale, California  U.S.A.