On 1/13/11 4:59 AM, paul swed wrote:
Really interesting thread. About a year ago on this thread the same
discussion occurred.
Several thoughts along these lines and frankly I know little accept for what
I read here and online.
I would agree the CS never runs out. Accept for one minor point. We tend to
get these things way beyond HPs end dates by many years. So is it really
true?

The mfr end date is a "guaranteed to work under all conditions and usage patterns" date. I could easily see the various mechanisms leading to end of life proceeding at different rates depending on use, piece to piece variation, etc.