On 01/22/2011 07:03 PM, paul swed wrote:
Interesting
Took the oscillator board apart last night and found C11 has a cold solder
joint.

That explains it.

Its the variable cap that tunes the heater. Have not re-soldered it
yet as I am having trouble getting enough heat in the area even with a
soldering gun to tack the cap back on to the housing.
Fortunately I have an even larger gun I will try today.
This would indeed explain whi I had variable startups I hope. Especially
when tuning the cap. For anyone of interest its 2-20pf johannson type. The
manual says 1.5-15.  Close enough.
Will update later on if I solve the oscillator problem.

Good luck!

I hooked on to the RF-feed and trimmed it for best response.