I have a Power-One switching power supply that puts out +/- 15 Volts in
addition to +5 Volts. I was planning to add a pair of 7812/7912 voltage
regulators to provide the required +/- 12 Volts to the Thunderbolt.

I would welcome any suggestions to improvements in this very basic design,
including additional filtering, etc.

Please post or email.

BTW, has anyone considered using one of the many DC-to-DC PSUs that are
available for powering mobile PCs from +12 Volts? They appear to be ideal for
powering the Thunderbird from almost any DC power source, including a 12 Volt
battery.

-- Flemming Larsen, OZ6OI/KB6ADS

   oz...@yahoo.dk