In a message dated 12/03/2011 04:03:09 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Wizard, they want my name and email address. That can be sold to anybody to use on their mailing list of pushy offers. They offer a service that I do not want. ----------------------- Hi Bill I'm sorry to hear you continued to have problems and do not know quite where you ended up. As others have pointed out, Rapidshare, along with all the other so called "free" file hosting sites do their best to persuade downloaders to use their paid services. Rapidshare and most others do this by imposing time delays for single downloads and increasing time penalties for multiple downloads. Some go further and seem to randomly lock out downloaders claiming they've failed too many "capthchas" or whatever, again intended to cause enough irritatiation that potential users just pay and be done with it. It's not ideal but I've been a paid account holder with Rapidshare for several years, they remain better than many who've come since, and I stick with them because they also remain quite tolerant of our flakey broadband connection for large uploads. I always request that downloaders spread the information to more user friendly sites such as Didier's excellent manual archive at _www.ko4bb.com_ (http://www.ko4bb.com) . Rapidshare's business is file hosting and I don't suppose they're particularly interesting in harvesting your personal details nor whether or not your use of IE6 would make much difference. I find Firefox to be much more user friendly so use that these days, but obviously it's your decision as to what you use and what sites you choose to avoid. Unfortunately the file is too big to email or I'd just send you a copy but I've checked Rapidshare and there's been 75 downloads so hopefully by now a copy will have been made available for you by another downloader. regards Nigel GM8PZR _______________________________________________ time-nuts mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts and follow the instructions there.
