Magnus Danielson wrote:
Fellow time-nuts,

While spammer-discussions seems to be the current topic, excuse me for tossing in an on-topic issue.

Today I came home with a pair of 5 MHz OSA 8695 SC-cut mini-BVA oscillators. Essentially SC-cut BVAs in a double-oven assembly.

Never seen those before, but it will be quite interesting to fire them up and measure them.

Strange what walking out the front door for a bit of fresh crisp air brings a refreshing mind... (somebody called me in advance, so I was standing there in my antistatic birkenstocks)

Anyway, not much is known about them, I've only found partial datasheets but enought to get a fair idea.

They are used in:

http://www.microsystemes.com/PDF%20FICHES%20PRODUITS/fp0066.pdf

A paper on the BVA2 (Mini BVA):
http://publications.onera.fr/exl-doc/232362.pdf