http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

I didn't install it, but it looks like if you have win 7 pro 64 bit, it is a free download. You need to use IE and instal a validation plugin. Half a gig of a download!

Now I suspect a 32bit driver might work with the VM. I have an old usb/serial that won't install in 64 bit windows, but I just replaced the hardware. The VM needs to be allotted RAM. Kind of messy. However, this is a good experiment, presuming I can uninstall this VM.