I've made a small Web page describing what happened when I changed the puck antenna on a Rapco 1804M for a more sensitive one. The Rapco 1804M expects a big outside antenna.

 http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Rapco-1804M-notes.html

This page has now been updated to provide a comparison between three puck antennas - the Garmin GA 27 (BNC), a 3rd-party low-cost puck, and a Gilsson puck antenna. It seems that the even higher signal level from the Gilsson benefits the 1804M more than the other two.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk