After a few days of fooling around it appears my $38.00 Rb frequency standard
is meeting its specs except for the current draw on the 5 volt supply.

The attached plot shows phase readings between the Rb and a ThunderBolt made
by a Racal-Dana 1992 counter read out by Fedora Linux 16 and a National Instruments PCI GPIB interface. I entered various frequency offsets with my own comms software
downloadable from omen.com.

The "transients" are manual slewing events where I set an offset of 0 until the phase swings around to 180 degrees. The last such event covered 360 degrees in about 100
seconds; the result agrees with the specified resolution of 1e-12.

The Rb seems to be meeting its 10-11/day spec. If I did the math correctly, that
corresponds to measuring the distance to the Moon within tenths of an inch.

My next step is to leave it alone for a day or two.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     c...@omen.com   www.omen.com