Better idea.  Let's all donate a few bucks each and buy Elio an intact one.

Peter

On 2/12/2012 8:08 PM, EB4APL wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody tried to ask the guy who made the forensics in Youtube if he could send the remnants to Elio? He could make a very good use of them.

Regards,
Ignacio, EB4APL

El 07/02/2012 0:30, Elio Corbolante wrote:
From: "Steve ."<iteratio...@gmail.com>

I've been considering ripping the firmware from the mcu as well.  I've not
got beyond the consideration stages, but i have all the equipment here at
work. When you say that the read option is not available. is this because
the chip has protection fuses enabled?

Also, what programmer do you have, Here at work I have a galep-5 which
AFAIK can read both the mcu and cpld/fgpa/pga, whatever it is (provided
they are not locked, or the state machine encrypted)

My programmer is a MQP Pin-Master 48<http://www.mqp.com/pm48.htm>  which
directly support the PSD chip via JTAG (JAM STAPL files).
According to this document:<http://www.mqp.com/pdf/apnotes/30201.pdf>  the
programmer does not support "auxiliary" functions like "reading" the
device, but only erase/program/verify.

The official programmer/software (FlashLINK/PSDsoft Express)<
http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/TOOL/CONFIGURATION_UTILITY/um0050.zip>
permits to "dump" the content of the PSD in an .obj file, but at this date
I have not this programmer and I have to build it<
http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/USER_MANUAL/CD00004566.pdf>
:-(

If you are able to dump the software using your Galep 5, you are welcome!!!
:-)
Otherwise my two options will be:
1) to build a FlashLINK clone, hoping the PSD contents are not protected:
according to this document<
http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/USER_MANUAL/CD00004566.pdf>
(Pag. 17) the protection flag can't be enabled using the JTAG interface...
2) to remove the PSD chip and read its contents using a different
microprocessor (this will work for certain)

_      Elio.