Bob,

To address that diurnal phase issue, for fun, we could set up a
cloud-based time-nuts WWVB common view network. With a
couple of sites in each state, imagine the wonderful daily or
hourly animated plots that would result.

/tvb

Hi

My main concern on short averages is the relatively long path from WWVB to
most of the target audience. The day / night phase shift is fairly
significant over a long path. That's something I would want to process out.
Since it (hopefully) is predictable, it's just another thing to feed into
the signal estimation side of the process.