Dear Poul-Henning,

My only argument against your versatile and well-performing solution is
that it is a little bit overkill.

As if running a handfull precision oscillators just for fun isn't
"overkill" also ? :-)

I don't know -- are there any limits for the fun in a time-nut sense? :-)
I hope not. The point is, with which kind of toy we would like to play.

In other words, it would be certainly better to buy USRP N210,

Actually that would be a very idea, because you cannot get rid of
the down-sampler in the USRP and that would make Loran-C reception
very tricky to implement.

Are you sure there are such a limitations? I must reveal, that I have not even once played with USRP N210, but I hope it does not have any BW limitations up to the Gig-Eth speed.

Anyway, it would be an expensive and heavy receiver for LF-only signals.

My point is to do something with relevant performance wrt. <10kHz wide
LF signals.

The crucial question is if your are doing timenuttery or radionuttery.

If you are doing timenuttery, you want you ADC synchronized to your
OCXO/Rb/Cs or whatever you have,

Yes, I would like to have an option of external frequency standard.
However, I would like to lock ordinary onboard quartz too, since many people without Rb (though they are pretty cheap these days) may use it as a disciplined frequency source, too. I mean no time-nuts, but ordinary hobbyists, going to tune their filters etc.

Or people, wanting some time signal in place of poor GNSS reception without good NTP access (I know such a set i almost empty :-)).

and you don't want to have to deal with getting your IF frequency locked too.

Soundcards use inconvenient frequencies and are seldom built to take
an external clock signal.

So this is why I would like to supply a little bit tweaked "sound card", tailored to receive LF-HF band signals up to say 10..20kHz of width.

The useful bandwidth of LF to HF radio is about 9kHz,

You need more than 25kHz for good Loran-C

OK, thank you for this notice. I have not yet thinked about Loran, so I must look in more detail on it.

Best regards,
Marek