I've designed filters for datacom chips. I know filtering. My point is the original author is making some assumptions in the design which are not stated.

Yes, my fault, I didn't write it properly, so by a "ferrite rod" in context of DCF/WWVB reception, I meand a "ferrite antenna in an LC tuned circuit".

Apologies for all who have been confused.

What I don't have a lot of hands on experience is with open circuit magnetics. (I do with closed circuit magnetics.) But I claim if the ferrite rod antenna is not capacitively loaded to resonate at the comm frequency, then there isn't significant group delay error.

Yes, see above. I meant an LC circuit, containing the ferrite rod antenna as the L.

The antenna will have a natural resonant frequency comprised of the inductance and parasitic capacitance. But this represents an upper frequency limit. So simply operate below resonance and the group delay error is minimized. Filtering can be done following the preamp that connects to the antenna, and thus will not interact with it.

Thank you for your understanding.
Marek