Just remember, to the 'average' person (no such exists in reality), all technology is magic. The TV remote is a magic wand that you wave at the TV and recite the proper incantation (sometimes profane). You chant the spell to your smart phone and you can talk to your friend anywhere in the world. Everyone knows the 'spells' to make things operate, but have no idea how they actually work. The math used with GPS is beyond most (non-technical) college graduates. One young child was asked how TV worked and he answered 'with gas. The pipe (cable) bring the picture in and the electricity heats it up to fill the screen'. He knew that things expand when heated and made the connection. This (6 or 7 year old, if I recall) showed far more scientific reasoning than most of our elected officials. Most people understand faster, slower, bigger, smaller, but 'more accurate' is a hard concept. 1% accuracy is bad until you realize you are referring 1% uncertainty (99% accuracy). I'm currently have to convince management that our 6-1/2 DMM (0.01% uncertainty) can't be used to test the 0.1ppm DC Source that we're repairing. My earlier comment of '1 nanosecond = 1 foot' really applies to GPS. If the atomic clock on the satellites are allowed to drift, even a fraction of a nanosecond, the accuracy of the whole system quickly degrades. These clocks are updated at less than 4 hour intervals to keep this from happening.

Mike