I got a mushroom shaped antenna along with my Thunderbolt.
It came with some rg58 terminated in an F connector.
I don't know if it is a timing reference antenna or just a plain
GPS antenna.
Presumably a timing antenna would block low elevation signals
to reduce multipath.
On 04/02/2012 09:11 PM, Chuck Harris wrote:
Hi Didier,
I have one of the Trimble Bullet antennas, that was supposed to be from
a working system, but it is deaf as a post... really dead. Given that
it is supposed to be more than 30db gain, it should do better than any
of the hockey puck antennas.
I wonder if there is a common failure mode in that antenna?
-Chuck Harris
Didier Juges wrote:
I have a Symetricom 58532A which I bought on eBay for $50 with shipping.
That is probably the best antenna you can get, and it won't break the
bank.
I also have a Trimble Bullet, the antenna that was designed to go
with the
Tunderbolt. It is a very good antenna also, but harder to find, and
it has
lower gain than the 58532A, so at my location (under the roof in
Florida),
at the end of 50 feet of good quality 75 ohm coax, the Symetricom unit
works better.
I also have several pucks, including very inexpensive Chinese-made
ones and
a very nice Trimble mag-mount puck that is the best of all the pucks
I have
(in terms of performance and also mechanical design) and which I got for
$15 on eBay also. They all work, but the Trimble puck is the one I
take if
I need to go mobile.
Most the pucks I have receive better than the Trimble Bullet. They are
probably not as good as far as multipath rejection for low angle
signals,
but they are more sensitive and I see more satellites with them.
Didier KO4BB
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Bill Riches<[email protected]>
wrote:
Hi guys,
I have asked this question several times over the past few weeks and
get no
answer. Have I been ostracized??!!
Question is that I am looking for suggestions for GPS antenna for
t-bolt.
The antenna that I am using now is a no name and I not know where it
came
from! Wonder if a Garman GA-30 will work?
73,
Bill, WA2DVU
Cape May, NJ
_______________________________________________
time-nuts mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe, go to
https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts
and follow the instructions there.
_______________________________________________
time-nuts mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe, go to
https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts
and follow the instructions there.
_______________________________________________
time-nuts mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe, go to
https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts
and follow the instructions there.
--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R [email protected] www.omen.com
Developer of Industrial ZMODEM(Tm) for Embedded Applications
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231 503-614-0430
_______________________________________________
time-nuts mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts
and follow the instructions there.