On 07/06/2012 05:09 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
On 7/6/12 7:51 AM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
Yes, I'm also interested in how-to. At the moment I think it is a hack:
there is no sound card AFAIK that accepts a reference input. I have
recently bought an Acqiris/Agilent DP105/U1067A 150MHz 500Ms/s digitizer
PCI card that accepts an external 10MHz as a reference for the sampling
process.

oops I was wrong.. there ARE people making PCI multichannel audio
interfaces with external clock.. RME in Germany makes more than one.

digital audio => need to lock clocks.

Long ago existed audio boards which sample rate converted (badly) digital audio, this proved to be a killer for pro apps. With digital audio you need to control your clocking and have things tied to a master, especially when having multiple sampling boxes. etc.

The analogue world was so much easier in this regard...