Said wrote (re: eBay 58503As):

they work well for me, look brand-new, and came with power supply, rs-232
cable, and antenna. I think it's a 5V antenna. The unit had about 37000 on
the lifetime.

The seller has close up photos, that's what the units look like. I plugged
in the power, ran GPSCon to start an Auto-Survey, and they just worked.

Looking at the current and completed eBay listings for the 58503As from Hong Kong, I notice that the seller seems to have conversion units based on the Z3801 and on the Z3805, and some that may be factory 58503As. The listing text for all of them says they have 6-channel receivers. Some have no PPS outputs, some have one, and some have two. Some have internal AC power supplies, some have external supplies. There appear to be at least two different rear-panel layouts. They are priced from $260 to $999, and it does not seem obvious what justifies the radically different prices (aside from different antennas). Based on these confusing listings, I'd be very reluctant to count on finding anything specific inside the housing (e.g, a particular OCXO) if I bought one, except possibly the $999 units that may be factory 58503As.

Best regards,

Charles