For this particular application a capacitive termination (NIST used such a termination in their DMTDs) of the IF port followed by a low pass filter is advantageous. For precision work screw connectors (SMA, TNC, N etc) are more stable than bayonet connectors like the BNC.

Bruce

J. Forster wrote:
Most all of this kinda stuff is built using 50 Ohm 'building blocks'. You
can almost plug them together like Legos.

The HP 10514A is no different:

http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/HP_Agilent/HP_10514_Mixer_Jan_1967.pdf

Mini-Circuits (among others) sells loads of different wsuch components.

Your biggest choice may be the connector style. BNC and SMA are very
common. If size/weight are not a consideration go BNC.

-John

===========

             Hello Brian,
              I am a radio amateur and and also in the Time nuts list,  At
the moment I am planning to bild a DMTD for experimentation.
and as you have a nice experience in this field , for me will
be very wellcame your help. My ask is ¿whitch is te best
temination for the mixer? (FI 10Hz or 100Hz)  ¿what about the
amp, limiters and zero crosing detec.)
      All your help will be appreciated
          Thanks in advance
            Pascual Arbona   EA5JF