On 9/17/12 3:34 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
$20 is to much.  I pay about $4 shipping included for the DB9 with the
Max chip attached.   So you basically just attach 5V TTL to the back
of the connector.

That works. if you have 5V handy.. The USB to ttl serial is handy when you don't necessarily have 5V on a convenient pin.

 Lots of people sell these.   See ebay #180688345029
for an example.  These work well for the Oncore GPS because both use
0.1 inch male headers, use 0.1" female jumpers to connect.   Buy a
handful as they are generally useful.

Indeed... those might be useful.

What I'd also like to find is a cheap current loop interface (for running low speed serial connections long distances using cat 5 wire)