On 9/27/12 10:41 PM, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 07:38:03AM +0200, b...@lysator.liu.se wrote:
Dont you have GPS/Cs locked cell networks anymore in the US?

http://www.endruntechnologies.com/cdma.htm

        Björn,

        Past experience with CDMA TOD references here is that they
fare much worse than WWVB TOD references.

        Haven't tried using them for frequency, but I wouldn't be
surprised at similar results there.

the cell site might be locked to a good reference, but that doesn't mean the propagated signal you can receive is. As I understand it, one of the uses of good timing is/was to do Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) to meet E-911 location accuracy requirements. These days, with A-GPS in most phones, I wonder if that's still the case.