Hi Attila,

Makes a big difference if there are AC magnetic fields in the system, they can
create spurs through mutual inductance.

Our Fury GPSDO is designed completely without any switching regulators for that
reason. One customer used it on helicopters for measuring magnetic field
variations -read finding submarines - and said all other GPSDOs they tried such
as trimble etc create false returns. We have a magnetic field emissions
measurement of the Fury showing barely any increase in ambient magnetic field.

We had a switching regulator next to our docxo on our FireFly synthesizers and
it created a spur in the phase noise. Switching to a shielded inductor fixed
that issue.

So yes, a typical fan would likely create measurable EMI and AC magnetic
fields.. And at the femtosecond, -175dBc levels, and ppt levels we are
interested in here it probably makes a difference.

Bye
Said

Sent From iPhone