On 05/01/2013 10:09 PM, Ed Palmer wrote:
I recently made some measurements between 3 oscillators. It wasn't a
true 'Three-Cornered Hat' measurement because the measurements were made
sequentially. When I do the three-cornered hat calculation for the
hopefully 'better' oscillator, I end up trying to take the square root
of a negative number. Is that a red flag that the data is invalid? If I
ignore the minus sign, the results seem reasonable and I can
successfully calculate from the result for each oscillator back to the
measured results.

Doing sequential measurements could give you that result. sqrt(abs()) isn't the ideal, but understandable.

I've asked our favourite tool maker to include three-cornered hat, but he has not done it so far. Look forward to take it on a test-spin.