On 06/18/2013 03:04 AM, paul swed wrote:
Exactly as Bob says. Though at the time I built the costas loop I did not
build the remodulator. Just time. Pun intended.
But indeed they add together for those that need both time and frequency.
If you just want time the remodulator is far far simpler.

I have looked at your schematic, and I understand what it does. What I don't get is why you have just not added the "second arm" of the Costas loop into the 8170 architecture. I just don't have the 8170 schematic, but what I am trying to say is why didn't you just add the missing pieces? Too hard?

It's almost as if you built a new frequency receiver from scratch.