On 7/22/13 10:39 AM, Scott McGrath wrote:
Moles are a bit small it would probably work better for woodchucks.  who are in
the process of undermining all lawns in neighborhood now.

In a more serious vein most ground penetrating radar is low frequency and I was
not aware that THz waves could penetrate ground more than a few CM

I believe tvb was using seismic sensors.

low microwave (<10 GHz) penetrates just fine to tens of meters. I wouldn't want to run a comm link at any sort of data rate, but for 1 Hz bandwidth and coherent detection, it works just fine.