This brings up an interesting point. There is an azimuth and a weighted azimuthal display. The azimuthal display comes out essentially omnidirectional. The weighted display produces a heart shaped pattern with the heart lobes to the NE/SW and a pretty deep null due north.

What weighting is used and why?

Brian